An open access ceramics studio in Leicester
The Clay Room is an open access ceramics studio in Leicester. We offer membership to a shared ceramics studio and use of equipment. Anyone who is confident working with clay can apply.
Our aim is to support emerging and existing ceramic artists in furthering their practice. Whether you are are a professional or pursuing a personal interest in ceramics. Creativity is a social process. The benefits of working together include: improved development of individual practice, increased networking and opportunities to collaborate with other makers and the wider community.
Members should contribute to the studio community. There will be an opportunity to be part of developing a public program. To include pottery classes, workshops, open studios and other events. While any public event could limit use of the space, they should enhance the sense of community.
What it includes
- 24 hour open access to a self-contained, shared studio space.
- a shelved personal storage space
- Communal firings
- The opportunity to contribute to a public events program and to develop the studio as a whole
- Opportunities to promote your work through our website
- Opportunities to exhibit and sell your work
- The opportunity for members to order materials collectively through The Clay Room, reducing costs.
Please note, Membership is subject to a full induction to the studio space and equipment and agreement to our Terms & Conditions.
What it costs
There are three bands of studio membership you can choose from to suit your needs:
10 hours per week: £45 per month
20 hours per week: £75 per month
Unlimited membership: £100 per month
On joining we ask for a £45 joining fee to cover administration and induction. If you have any questions please contact us.